Tuesday, January 13, 2009

"This is the time of the year that we may feel that we have over indulged during the holidays. 'It was easy to do', as I said to myself , 'It's Christmas, I can have a little more.' or 'We are on vacation, so I am going to party!' The guilt creeps in and I beat myself up with unkindness like....'I should know better!' and lectures that go like this, 'Why do you make these unhealthy choices for yourself ?'

Well, I roll into self-doubt, anger and disappointment long enough to feel my shame and acknowledge that I am human. The war with my mind is much more unhealthy than some of the choices I made. I am tired and I feel the extra weight....the emotional weight is lifting as I release the density of my bad feelings about myself.

Forgiveness now flows into my heart as I remember who I am and realize that there is no need to stay in the place of bullying myself. Letting go and remembering the beauty of the holidays and the joy of our vacation is where my heart thrives. I am now receiving more love so that I can be open with my peaceful heart again. I am grateful!"
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: