Monday, January 26, 2009

"All night long I held fear in my body. Some family experiences are taking me to this place inside me. My mind wants to blame others or try to fix the situation and my fear continues to rise up inside of me. I was with it all night....being with my emotions. A family medical emergency triggered the emotional party all of my old friends ....self-doubt, anger, disappointment, self-hatred and the bully of them all...FEAR.

My body was paralyzed as I allowed the feelings to dance and carouse in me. I continued to hold the space for me to have my intimate time with my heart that was shut down and heavy. I wasn't in denial of my own personal suffering as I asked for guidance. I opened my body to receive the energy that could support me as I stretched into my yoga positions. The soft music carried me to my tears as they washed away the fear.

I sat in the silence of my mind in meditation and allowed my Inner Workout to release any negativity embracing the words as I voiced my emotional pain that was attached to the situation and the people involved. I used each person privately to let go of my uncomfortable feelings. I could feel my heart open once I allowed the fear to move out of my body.

I believe that fear does not want to live buried inside us...it's evolution is to be released to love and peace. In this sacred place of peace in my heart the guidance comes and the richness of hope and faith take me to conscious solutions and more awareness. Here I feel the strength of my spirit and I can be patient with the journey through this crisis.

We all desire peace in our lives and our struggles and hard times can become the change that can direct us to another opportunity to be more compassionate and uncondionally loving. When we support ourselves, our nourished heart can support others. Take the time to be with fear and find the courage to face your own darkness. On the other side there is light and emotional freedom."
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: