Tuesday, January 20, 2009

"I felt chills up my spine as I listened to Martin Luther King Jr yesterday, as CNN replayed his live speech, 'I Have a Dream' from 1963 www.thekingcenter.org .

Today makes history as we watch the inauguration of the first black President of the United States, Barack Obama. Martin Luther King Jr.'s words... 'Free at last, Free at last...Thank God we are Free at Last!' spoke about letting freedom reign in Alabama, letting freedom reign in Mississippi, letting freedom reign in different parts of the world. His words created a voice of strength and his faith became the vision of today.

I am so proud of the American people for believing in this dream of peace, harmony and equality! When I listen to Barack Obama, I feel the presence of every great leader that has walked on this earth who has inspired freedom, justice and hope. I am so grateful to be a part of this huge change in the world and I look forward to doing my part for peace.

I believe that freedom must reign in each one of our hearts! It is up to us to take responsibility for any bitterness, hatred, judgment or prejudices we may carry.

Take the time to dig deep and clear any past resentments, fear or disappointment that stops you from opening your heart. Find your way to gratitude and welcome integrity and passion as you create purpose and peace each day. Be the new leader in your own life with emotional freedom in your heart! Let freedom reign at last! Thank you God!!"
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: