Thursday, March 12, 2009

"There is a song by Elvis, 'Suspicious Minds', that is playing in my head today. We have close relationships, people we love and want to trust yet we sometimes feel that their words are not of honesty. My intuition sparks an uncomfortable feeling because I know in my heart that I have been given lip service. Words that they think I want to hear.

I know this familar mask that I have worn in the past, not telling the whole truth or saying yes when I really mean't no. We have all stretched the truth and we have all lied to ourselves and others. I have heard stories where someone in a relationship says they are going to do great, meaningful things and never follow through. Waiting for someone else to be true and forthright may cause you great disappointment.

I learned along time ago that if I am attracting experiences like this in my life I have to be truthful with myself. Am I following through with my personal connection each day? Am I being honest with myself and being clear about what I need in a relationship? Am I committed to my connection with my mind, body, spirit and heart? This is my responsibility and each day I am the one who has to choose to follow through.

If we suspect that there is dishonesty or untruth in our life.....Look inside and feel the truth of our unsafeness....Listen to the truthful voice of our heart....Speak with the clarity of truth!

Our world will reflect who we are."
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: