Monday, March 9, 2009

"Don't wait for someone to give you what you need. Give to yourself first so that your heart feels the connection of love or pain and from this place you can connect with your life and others without resentment, disappointment or neediness.This morning I took the opportunity to sleep an hour longer ... now I am ready for my busy day and my body feels rested.

Today is my daughter Lauren's 23rd birthday and I took time to be with her as I wrote a letter to her in my journal. I felt the joy of her beauty as the words painted my heart....it was lovely as I visited her with memories of fun times together. For 3 years now, Lauren has lived in Banff Alberta. She decided to throw herself a birthday bash yesterday with 40 friends and she rented a hotel suite on her own. She had so much fun planning her event! Usually I take a trip to see her during her Birthday week but this year Bruce and I were there a month earlier. Lauren took care of herself and I am so proud of her.

Treat yourself well, respect your needs and and try not to expect others to fill you up or make your life loving or exciting. Honor your family and friends and move any negativity away that keeps you cold and shut down. Call a friend from a loving heart ....not out of duty. Give to others from a place of peace ....be present with your heart and continue to breathe into your feelings. Be authentic with your life.

I find that when I make healthy choices for my mind, body, heart and spirit, I can then give from my nourished heart and I also attract experiences and relationships that desire the same connection. This intimacy with the heart is incredible practice for any beloved relationship.

Instead of waiting for someone to give to me and feeling disappointed....I take the time to be with all that I am. Our lives reflect for us a personal journey....living life fully with the negative and positive is a beautiful life. Being present with my true feelings is my responsibility.

Take the time for yourself today! Consciously breathing deeply for 15 minutes would be a great gift.
You are worth it!"

Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: