Friday, December 5, 2008

"Life can be so magical at times. I was at the movie theatre with a friend and looked over and saw Santa sitting by himself. There were 10 minutes before the show started and we said " Hi Santa"...and he whispered...."Not too loud". We chatted for some time and my heart expanded as I looked into his eyes and felt him so authentic. He was from Vancouver, a retired gentleman and here in the Mississauga area to fill in for sick or tired Santas.

It was a joy to feel the magic in the air as this man spoke to us. We asked his name and he said "Just call me Santa". He said that he was bored as he had only worked for 10 hours in the last two weeks, so going to the movies was filling in time. I said to Santa, "Do you make house calls?" and he handed me his card.

Guess What? I invited Santa Claus for dinner next week when our grandchildren come for a sleepover. Shhhhhh....it's a secret. By the way....what do you make Santa Claus for dinner? I am sure that he is tired of milk and cookies. Yes...the magic is in the air for all ages. Be open to little miracles and don't be afraid to get to know the wonderful people around you."
Colleen Hoffman Smith

1 comment:

Schmoozequeen said...

Magical! Wonderful story.