Thursday, December 11, 2008

"I have let go of my children, loved ones and friends over the years as they travel to the other side of themselves and then back to the center of who they truly are. We all have our soul's journey that needs our full attention and when it is time we may have to make the choice to leave for a while. My daughters have gone through their dark sides just as I had to do for myself and they had to leave to find their own purpose just as I had to do when I broke away from my parents and siblings. When they come home to the heart of family now, the love that is reflected offers a sense of peace. Their self-worth is stronger and they have taken our values and teachings and created their own beautiful wisdom and loving strength.

I have had the opportunity to let go of other relationships that were not healthy for my heart and some have chosen to leave me. Last night I re-connected with a beautiful close friend from my past. I had to let him go to where he had to go for three years....and his dark journey strengthened him and healed his heart. He is now free to be the explorer of his own soul and his spirit is so lifted.

It was worth the patience with my own heart ....knowing that one day he may return to our relationship. As I looked into his eyes the light poured out of him with such enthusiasm and the gentleness created the moment of a new connection. It seemed like there was no time that had passed and we were reunited and excited to BE together again.

He had a chance to explain why he had to leave and he felt how my forgiving heart had held the space for him during this time....I had no expectations as I healed the void in me while he was gone. Some people stay in the wound of ego and continue to live with struggles and suffering and others find their way to emotional freedom.

Letting go and living in openness and loving with acceptance relaxes the energy around us and becomes the healing force that attracts the richness of loving relationships."
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: