Thursday, December 18, 2008

"Last night we watched a Christmas Carol (Scrooge). It was the first one in black and white. I loved it and the movie took me to my Christmases of the past. I found myself reliving some of my history as the Ghost of Christmas Past, Present and Future took Ebenezer Scrooge into the time chambers of his life.

I laid awake early this morning remembering times when I had struggles, breakthroughs, life changes and a few Christmases where I shut my heart down from someone and left. I know that I broke someone's heart long ago to save my own soul... during the holidays.

It is the time of year to forgive others and ourselves and move into the New Year with a hopeful heart and faith that we have made choices for the good of all. Let go of the past and live fully present with this precious time! Life will change but the gift of your loving heart will always be remembered."
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: