Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Each day we have obligations, commitments and chores that monopolize our time. Projects and business that needs our full attention. Usually from out of nowhere comes a call for help, a mess that needs sorting out and maybe even a house guest arriving for a week. Our agendas are full beyond capacity and we wonder how can we get it all done with ease...without anxiety....staying centered....not losing our cool....and without taking our stress out on others?

I also know that my body needs to exercise and be nourished with healthy food and on top of everything, I have to shower, put make-up on, do my hair and pick out a great outfit that will suit the day's events. Wow, somedays it just looks like mission impossible!

When overwhelmed, I make sure that I keep the commitment with myself first. To move out of worry that I can't possibly handle it all.

Meditation moves me from the details and chattering of my mind into a peaceful place in my heart. Here I feel open as I give to myself the comfort and faith that I will do my best. I also know that if I am supporting myself emotionally, the day will unfold better and I will have the support I need.

Asking for help when I am sitting in the center of my heart is also important. When I reach a calmness inside suddenly a space opens in me....and I drop into acceptance....and then another door opens and I move into faith....and from this place I expand into love and joy. Before I know it, excitement is rising up and I know that I am ready for my day.

The plans may change and many more circumstances may pop up....more opportunities to enhance my day.....but I am here fully.

I will allow the the energy of the day to move through me and instead of standing in the way....I will stay open.....in fact I am going to enjoy it all...and breathe into every moment and each opportunity to be present and alive. I AM HERE. "
Colleen Hoffman Smith

No comments: